Webinar “(EU Member) States responses to managing residence permits and migrant unemployment during the COVID-19 pandemic”
European Migration Network (EMN) – Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
30 July 2020, 10.30 – 11.45 (CEST)
We are pleased to invite you to join the upcoming EMN-OECD Webinar “(EU Member) States responses to managing residence permits and migrant unemployment during the COVID-19 pandemic” on Thursday 30 July 2020 at 10.30 (CEST).
The event will serve to launch the first – of a series of four – EMN-OECD Inform on the impact of COVID-19 in the migration area. The focus of this Inform and webinar is on (EU) Member States’ responses to the COVID-19 pandemic to date as regards the legal migration and unemployment area.
- 10h30 – 10h35 – Welcome remarks, Magnus Ovilius, Head of Agencies and Networks Coordination Sector and Chair of the EMN, DG HOME, European Commission
- 10h35 – 10h50 – Migrants’ employment during the COVID pandemicLaurent Aujean, DG HOME, European Commission
- 10h50 – 11h05 – Presentation of key findings (EU) of EMN OECD Inform
- Adolfo Sommarribas, Legal advisor, EMN Luxembourg
- 11h05 – 11h20 – Presentation of main trends in the OECD countries
- Jean-Christophe Dumont, Head of the International Migration Division in the Directorate for Employment, Labour and Social Affairs, OECD
- 11h20 – 11h35 – Q&A session
- 11h35 – 11h45 – Closing remarks, Magnus Ovilius
Moderator: Rafael Bärlund, EMN Finland, Co-Chair of the EMN Communication & Dissemination Working Group
Please register through following the link: https://next-ma.eu/landing/getresponse-00fbe
You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours with the link to the webinar room.
Thewebinar will be carried out via WebEx and can be accessed directly through your browser, following the link received. Please join the webinar 5 minutes ahead of schedule to allow for technical support if needed. The attached “Practical information” file provides the most important technical details on WebEx.