Webinar on The impact of COVID-19 on remittances in EU and OECD countries (updated)
UPDATED: The record of webinar you can find here. As well please find presentations of speakers down below.
We are pleased to invite you to join the upcoming EMN-OECD Webinar “The impact of COVID-19 on remittances in EU and OECD countries” on Tuesday 1 December 2020 at 14.00 (CET).
The event will serve to launch the fourth – of a series of five – EMN-OECD Inform on the impact of COVID-19 in the migration area. This Inform will focus on remittances in EU and OECD countries.
- 14h00 – 14h05: Welcome remarks – Rafael Bärlund, EMN Finland, Co-Chair of the EMN Communication & Dissemination Working Group
- 14h05 – 14h20: The retail payments strategy for the EU – Céu Pereira, Team leader, Retail payments, DG FISMA, European Commission
- 14h20 – 14h35: Presentation of key findings of EMN OECD Inform – Gladys Roy Chicharro, Head of Service for Legal Affairs, Secretary of State for Migration, EMN Spain
- 14h35 – 14h50: Remittances from OECD countries: Prospects for 2020-2021 – Charlotte Levionnois, Economist/Policy analyst & Gilles Spielvogel, Economist, International Migration Division, OECD
- 14h50 – 15h05: Phase II: COVID-19 crisis through a migration lens – Dilip Ratha, Lead Economist, Migration and Remittances, World Bank and Head of KNOMAD
- 15h05 – 15h20: Q&A session
- 15h20 – 15h30: Closing remarks, Jean-Christophe Dumont, Head of the International Migration Division in the Directorate for Employment, Labour and Social Affairs, OECD
Moderator: Rafael Bärlund
Please register via the following link: https://next-ma.eu/landing/impact-covid19-remittances-1-december2020
The webinar will be carried out via WebEx and can be accessed directly through your browser, following the link received. Please join the webinar 5-10 minutes ahead of schedule to allow for technical support if needed.